Thanksgiving has come and gone since my last post, but I wanted to share a recap of our festivities, since it was our first year hosting Thanksgiving with my family. As you might recall, my family of seven requested a 24 lb turkey, so my sister-in-law, Pete, and I woke up early and prepped the turkey while watching the Macy’s parade. My sis-in-law and Pete did most of the dirty work (aka rubbing herb butter under the skin) since I was on a hunt for sage in the supermarkets (we just used rubbed sage since I wasn’t able to find any fresh sage all week long). I included this gross photo so you could see the unfortunate “before.” Sorry if I’ve scarred you for life!
- -twenty-effing four pounds of turkey with herb butter
- -gravy (courtesy of my grandma)
- –roasted garlic mashed potatoes
- -sweet potato casserole (courtesy of grandma & mom)
- –rosemary pecan salad with cranberries & feta cheese
- -green beans
- –cranberry pom relish (although my handwriting looks like it says “porn relish”)
- -canned cranberry sauce
- –pumpkin pie
- -apple walnut pie (courtesy of my dad)
- -pillsbury crescent rolls
My mom wore sunglasses like a domestic rockstar while helping Pete serve the turkey since our bay windows let in a ton of light and we don’t have curtains. Thanks to everyone for your help, we had a blast hosting for our first time ever and hope to do it again! Special thanks to the best sister-in-law ever for helping Pete and I out all day long and easing my stress while I burned walnuts and caught bread cubes on fire (not sure if anyone saw that).
Hope everyone had an amazing Thanksgiving with lots of leftovers!